Monday, April 5, 2010

Best Birthday!

Well, I only have a quick minute, but I wanted to post about the wonderful birthday celebration I had last weekend. My sweet husband was able to coordinate a weekend full of surprises for me. I started off Saturday being taken to a surprise pedicure - which was wonderful! Then, Josh really outdid himself by putting together surprise birthday dinner for me at one of my favorite places - La Hacienda Ranch - with so many of my favorite people. I truly was surprised and had no idea!

I thought we were just going to dinner - but as I walked to the back of the restaurant, there was a big table full of our friends! Yay! And of course, at the end of dinner, nearly all of the waiters surrounded our table, made me stand up and sang a birthday song to me! It was terrific!

We headed to one of our favorite clubs - Glass Cactus - after dinner where more friends were able to join us. This crazy 80's band was playing some classic tunes from our childhood. And before we had to head home for the evening, Misty even got Josh to dance with me!

And as if that was not enough, on Sunday, my best friend Natalie came over with her daughter, Taylor (Ethan's age) and watched Ethan and Emily, so Josh and I could go play in a co-ed volleyball tournament. The weather was a bit chilly and crazy windy, but it was great to have my feet in the sand with my favorite partner! I was rusty, but it felt great to get to play again.

I was so grateful for all of the effort Josh put into make the weekend so special. It truly was a great time!

No comments: